In this episode of Wholehearted: Love Sex + Intimacy – The Podcast, we continue our self love and body love series.
Joining me today is Elysia Anketell who has dedicated her life to authentic expression, creativity, connection and owning and loving herself in all of her shades, shadows and colours. Raw vulnerability and openness encapsulate all that Elysia does, advocating for women to increase their self confidence, decrease their negative self talk and be more authentically themselves – all through her program and community; The Body Love Collective.
Today she’s sharing her journey from body loathing to body love and how we have the ability to be our most full powered selves. Join us as we aim to help you remember your worthiness and beauty…exactly as you are in this moment.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is beauty?
- Where we get the belief that we’re not beautiful or that our body isn’t ok the way it is?
- How societal body standards and how we see ourselves can be destructive to our relationships
- Social media – not exposing yourself to the things that make you feel like crap
- How the messages we get, not just from the media, but our mothers and friends affect us
- How letting an ‘active inner critic’ can lead to us making decisions that can hold us back
- How you can become the ‘CEO of your own needs’
- How altering our language and conversations in our daily lives can improve our body confidence and love
- Building your sisterhood connections
- How to cultivate compassion, love and admiration for yourself
- How you can help your partner who is struggling with their own body love
- How you can learn to receive your partner’s love and appreciation for your body
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
Starting with just one thing – what about your body do you love??
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Good morning and thank for your fabulous PodCasts, I really enjoy listening to the them in the car to and from work. Just one thing and I guess in this one episode especially it came to light that they are very female oriented, I guess I am not your stereotypical guy and have a very open mind but for any men that have not let that come out and lead a stereotypical male life may get turned away from your direction of the PodCasts.
I don’t want to sound criticising as I think these podcasts can help everyone even in small way.
Keep up the great work x