This is our most personal episode so far…
We get raw, we get open…we get vulnerable.
- If you’ve been hurt in a past relationship
- If you have difficulty trusting
- If you know you struggle to open up
- Or if you want closer connections in your life…
Know that you’re not alone. This episode is for you.
Brene Brown’s research has shown that vulnerability is the glue that holds relationships together.
But we completely understand that being vulnerable is hard, REALLY hard.
We’ve had a long journey to being vulnerable too and we still need to remind ourselves to practice vulnerability, to allow our walls to come down and our hearts to open. We don’t always get it right.
Being vulnerable opens you up to pain, but it also opens you up to greater joy, to greater love and more meaningful relationships.
We quite simply can’t have intimacy without vulnerability.
So how do you tear down your walls and let more love in?
Join us for this intimate conversation as we share:
- What led us to want to protect ourselves (and you’ll hear us both cry as we do)
- The moment that changed Isiah’s life and relationships
- What Bec’s friend said that made her realise she’s not as open and vulnerable as she thought
- The consequences of shutting down your vulnerability and what can be gained by embracing it.
- How you can take down the walls (that we all build to protect ourselves) and let more love in
Connection is what gives purpose and meaning to our lives.
You are worthy of love and belonging.
We hope this episode helps break down those walls you may have built up.
We hope it helps you remember to always be kind to yourself, embrace your imperfections and embrace them in others.
Be authentically you… it leads to deeper connections.
And practice vulnerability – the irony is that is actually feels good when we’re vulnerable.
The more you practice anything, the better you get. Pretty soon, you’ll be a boss of vulnerability and master of your whole-hearted life!
With deep love and gratitude,
Isiah + Bec.xx
Links related to this episode:
We recommend checking out Brene Brown’s TedX Talk – The Power of Vulnerability.
We’d love to hear from you:
– How do you feel about vulnerability?
– Was there a moment in your life that led you to put your walls up?