Over the last few weeks on Wholehearted: Love Sex + Intimacy – The Podcast we’ve been talking about self-love and body image, because we know what a huge impact this can have on a woman’s confidence, mental health, her relationships and intimacy.
I’m really passionate about women loving and accepting ALL of themselves and because, for me, that includes ALL of their bodies as well, we are going to talk about Vulvas and Vaginas today.
And this area – women’s genitals – is a subject that we don’t really talk about – but they can really impact upon a woman’s confidence and pleasure.
So, we’re going to go there….
- The correct name for a women’s genitals, which might surprise you
- The disturbing trend of labiaplasty
- My unique modelling experience (and why it was one of the most empowering of my life)
- We talk to some amazing women and men and find out how they feel about Vulvas and Vaginas
- And I share my 5 top tips for loving your lady bits.
Here’s the video we promised explaining all the terms and anatomy of vulvas – this is out of Isiah’s online course for women Epic Os.
We also recommend these empowering resources:
The Labia Library – a photo gallery of vulvas
The Vulva Gallery – an incredible Instagram celebrating the diversity of women’s vulvas
101 Vagina – A coffee table book showing the variety of vulvas
Betty Dodson explaining the internal structures of the clitoris
A big thanks
We want to thank the following professionals for sharing their time and wisdom:
Anna Scammell M.Clin Physio (Continence & Women’s Health): The Whole Mother